Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ralph Nader = the Buffalo Bills of Presidential Candidates


Looks like ol' Ralph is at it again. He's looking to run and lose his fourth campaign for president. Ralph Nader is like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup. Even though his ball keeps going in the water he won't stop trying for the green. Unlike Costner though, the only green that Nader is going to hit probably isn't legal.

This is starting to get ridiculous. I feel like it's reached the point where Nader runs just to see how many friends he has in each state. "Wow, I didn't realize I was friends with five people in Nebraska. Oh wait, I forgot that the Johnson's kids were old enough to vote now. That makes five."

He believes that since Edwards dropped out and Willy Wonka apparently stole Kucinich back, those interested in a populist candidate might be interested in him. I wonder if the people who work on his campaigns just don't tell him the truth. I wonder if they create elaborate fake election results where he barely loses each time. "Sorry Mr. Nader, you lost by one vote again!" Instead they should explain to him that when the television said 'Nader - 2000' that was how many votes he received, not what year he was running.

On the other hand though, I can't knock the hustle. He keeps running and getting to do all sorts of sweet things I'm sure. Free dinners probably or at the very least some air time. After all the exposure I'm sure he can pull some good money giving speeches and stuff. Not a bad gig if you ask me. Honestly I'd rather hang out with Nader than John Kerry for what its worth.

[UPI]

No comments: